Serial Scottish Entrepreneur and Investor, Strategist & Innovator
Russell has enjoyed the benefits of a highly successful international career in the technology sector and now focuses his efforts on supporting owners and boards of small and medium size companies to devise and implement growth strategies to create shareholder value.
Core areas of focus are Leadership, Value Creation and Strategic thinking. He is a regular speaker at events on Leadership in business and has spoken at conferences from Los Angeles to Abu Dhabi.
Russell is founding Managing Partner of the advisory group, Exolta Capital Partners, www.exolta.com and Founding Chairman Scottish Business Network, www.sbn.scot the global network supporting Scottish business leaders. Other roles and accolades,
- Currently holds eight non-exec and board advisory roles with fast growing business and organisations.
- Member of Scotland Trade Board chaired by Keith Brown, Cabinet Secretary.
- Named as one of the 100 most influential British Entrepreneurs.
- A member of the Maserati List of business leaders who support the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Scotland: Board member Institute of Directors Scotland, ScotlandIS and active member Chamber of Commerce, Merchant Company of Edinburgh and Asia Scotland Institute.
- London: Advisor to Tech Advocates and member of the Mentium Group
- International: Board advisor Talent Tech Labs, New York.
- Addressing the gender imbalance in business through his support of the Association of Scottish Business Women and Changing the Chemistry.
- Chairman StartEdin which aims to nurture the city’s thriving and vibrant Tech community and promote Edinburgh internationally.
- Advisor to a range of disruption led companies in UK and US.
- Ex-Chairman of WeAreTheFuture which supports young entrepreneurs.
- Investor/Advisor Par Equity angel investor fund.
Not all work – since turning 50 he has have developed a passion for endurance events and can often be found at weekends mud splattered clambering over obstacles and “trying to keep up”.