The Great British Entrepreneur Awards brand is owned by Ideas Forums Ltd.
How we collect your personal data
When you join our community or register for the Great British Entrepreneur Awards or any of our other services, we will request certain personal information from you necessary for processing your registration, running the Awards or other services and keeping you informed. Our legal basis for processing your personal data for these purposes is consent (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR).
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data which you have supplied us with or will supply to us for the following purposes:
- To run, organise and operate the Great British Entrepreneur Awards and/or our other services, as applicable
- To bring you news and information about the Great British Entrepreneur Awards, our partners and our other services
- To provide you with further information about Great British Entrepreneurs initiatives and our other services
We will not use your data other than for the purposes described above.
You are able at any time to unsubscribe from our communications by following the unsubscribe link in any emails we send you or by emailing a request to unsubscribe to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protection of your personal information
We will not share your personal data with third parties except in the following circumstances:
- If you enter the Great British Entrepreneur Awards competition, we will share your submission, including any personal data that is contained in it, with the judges of the competition, who will be contractually bound to keep the information secure and confidential
- We use certain third-party processors for the purpose of delivering our services and will give them access to your personal data where this is necessary for delivering those services. Our processors are contractually bound by contract to keep your personal data confidential and secure and to comply with our instructions regarding your data
- Where you register for a specific event, such as a webinar, we may share your data with the sponsor of that event, but this would only be with your specific consent given at the time of registration
We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
We do not ourselves transfer your personal data outside of the UK. However, certain of our data processors may do so and where this occurs, we will ensure that such transfer is properly authorised.
Any links to external sites are out of our control and we encourage you to always read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
In accordance with the principle of minimising data retention, we will retain your personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was acquired, subject to legal and other relevant requirements, in accordance with our data retention policy, as follows:
- Data acquired for contractual purposes – 7 years
- Data acquired for the purposes of the Great British Entrepreneur Awards – 2 years from the end of the year of entry
- Data acquired for any other services or purposes – such period as is appropriate in the circumstances
At the expiry of the relevant period, personal data will be deleted or anonymised.
Your rights under the DPA/GDPR include the following:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
- The right to be informed of what personal data of yours we hold, how we obtained it and how long we intend to keep it
- The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data (also called the right to be forgotten)
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (i.e. transfer of your personal data to another organisation)
Your rights above can be exercised free of charge by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com; or
- By telephoning 0845 5000 328 and asking for somebody from the team.
In certain cases, we will need to satisfy ourselves of your identity before we can action a request under the DPA/GDPR.
If you feel that any of your rights have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Get in touch
If you have any queries, please get in touch with the team using the LiveChat bar at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can call us on 0845 5000 328 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideas Forums Limited
483 Green Lanes
2 February 2021