Date: Thursday 3rd September
Speakers: Adrian Hextall and Mo Salim, Smith & Williamson
Time: 14:00 GMT
Despite the current uncertainties surrounding ‘business as usual’ for organisations in all sectors, the technology to ensure business continuity does exist and the importance of leveraging it to future proof against such global crises cannot be understated. Careful planning can mitigate the effects of disruption and allow businesses to continue to function or to return to normal more quickly.
As businesses increasingly look to technology to overcome challenges including the use of robotics and process automation to mitigate staff absence and boost productivity and output, are we witnessing the new norm?
Please join our friends, Smith and Williamson and Fresh Business Thinking to learn more about how technology and automation can change the way we work and boost business.
Topics will include:
- Monthly report running – enterprise resource planning systems and data gathering exercises
- Pressures faced through remote working
- Inefficient processes hampered by poor technology
- Excessive use of spreadsheets governed by largely manual processes
- Optimising processes ‘out of hours’
- Looking at process automation and robotics options to complete processes when system use is minimal
- The changing face of digital reporting
- Dealing with digital changes required by the Tax Authorities e.g. Making Tax Digital
- Responding to enforced change
- The removal of paper based filing and the need for electronic submission