Data Protection Notice
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force giving individuals in the European Union enhanced rights over the use of their data. As a result, we have updated our data protection policy.
Under the GDPR, we require your consent to hold and use your personal data. The purpose of this policy is to advise you of your rights under the GDPR.
Why am I seeing this?
You are seeing this because you either:
- Registered your interest in receiving communications from us regarding the Great British Entrepreneur Awards and thus consented to this; or
- Previously participated in the Great British Entrepreneur Awards which gives a legitimate interest in asking you if you are interested in participating in the awards again this year.
- Are about to enter the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
What we intend to use your personal data for
With your consent, we intend to use your personal data which you have supplied us with or will supply to us as follows:
- To bring you news and information about the Great British Entrepreneur Awards and its Partners.
- To give your information to the judges of the Great British Entrepreneur Awards for the purposes of the awards.
- We will not use your data other than for the purposes described above.
- You can also give your consent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and copying and pasting the following (or one or more of them):
- I consent to receiving email notifications regarding the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- I consent to my personal information being shared with the judges of the NatWest Great British Entrepreneur Awards for the purposes of the awards programme.
- I consent to receiving email notifications regarding future Great British Entrepreneur Awards’.
You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe by emailing us: email@example.com.
Protection of your personal information
- We will not sell your personal data or share it with any third parties, except the judges as outlined above, who will be contractually bound to keep the information secure and confidential.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by law.
- We will take all reasonable and necessary steps to protect your personal data.
Your rights under the GDPR include the following:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to be informed of what personal data of yours we hold, how we obtained it and how long we intend to keep it.
- The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data (also called the right to be forgotten).
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (i.e. transfer of your personal data to another organisation).
Your rights above can be exercised free of charge by:
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By telephoning 0845 5000 328 and asking for somebody from the team.
In certain cases, we will need to satisfy ourselves of your identity before we can action a request under the GDPR.
If you feel that any of your rights have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Office Suites 1&2
9-11 Castle Street