The Great British Entrepreneur Awards inaugural Entrepreneur for Good Award will be awarded to an entrepreneur leading a business or within a charity that is implementing pioneering ideas and business models to help drive positive social change.
Sometimes entrepreneurs find that it is good business to focus their passion and vision on a mission that contributes back for public good. Sometimes nonprofit businesses start a mission-based business that benefits their bottom line. Both of these are examples of social entrepreneurship and a model of business that continues to increase in popularity.
This award will be given to an entrepreneur who:
- Is adopting a mission to create and sustain social value (not just private value).
- Recognising and pursuing new opportunities to serve that mission.
- Engaging in a process of continuous innovation, adaptation and learning.
- Acting boldly without being limited by current resources.
- Maintaining accountability to the constituencies served and for the outcomes created.
The judges will consider actions on measuring the impact that they create.
Remember, the NatWest Great British Entrepreneur Awards celebrate and champions the stories of entrepreneurs. True entrepreneurs are as much about their story as they are about their balance sheet. The NatWest Great British Entrepreneur Awards celebrate the truly inspiring entrepreneurs who are the agents of positive change in our country.
Application top tips:
- Don’t fall back on cliches and tired story lines.
- Don’t undersell yourself, your business and your hard work.
- Give us the truth, not just the formula.
- You (the entrepreneur) are the hero/heroine of your story; tell us about your ingenuity, your insight.